Friday, February 28, 2014

We're Getting to Know Each Other


This week, we made these lanterns and they are magic.  I've said before and will likely say again that Pinterest and I are not best friends.  We may never get to that point, but we are becoming acquainted.  Of that I am glad.  These glowy bits of goodness are one of the many great ideas to be found on Pinterest and I've pinned them here.
 
 
Pros
these are beautiful
especially with candles floating in them
and easy enough for a four-year-old but challenging enough for an eleven-year-old
and quick
with lots of room for individual expression
using supplies I had on hand
 
Not Pros

though messy




and only a fire-hazard if you use real candles and glue bits
of tissue paper around the rim of the jar, which we wouldn't next time
 

 
 
 
*This post is part of a series.  I've set aside Thursday afternoons to do fun activities with my children.  In an effort to work out why it both draws and repels me, I choose these activities from Pinterest.*


No comments:

Post a Comment