Friday, May 30, 2014

Timeline of a Craft Gone Viral...Relatively


Thursday, May 29, 2014

8:23 am--I find these God's Eyes on Pinterest.  They're simple to make, leave room for individual creativity, and I have all the supplies in my house.  Perfect!

1:06 pm--I call all the little darlings in from the tramp and we dig through my yarn stash for striking colours and textures.

1:22 pm--We start badly.  My instructions to the group are confusing and I end up showing each child individually how to hold and wrap the popsicle sticks and later how to change colours. 

1:36 pm--"These are so cool!"
                         "Rainbow is my favourite colour."
                   "I could make these all day!"
                            "I'm going to make a carpet of God's Eyes"
                         "What would happen if I used three popsicle sticks?"
                                      "I made it reversible."
                     "This looks like a turtle."
            
6:44 pm--Half the neighbourhood is in my backyard making God's Eyes.

Friday, May 30, 2014

7:49 am--Blogging about our little activity, I'm still amazed by my children's ability to use sticks and string to blow my mind, express themselves, teach a skill to their peers, and create community.




*This post is part of a series.  I've set aside Thursday afternoons to do fun activities with my children.  In an effort to work out why it both draws and repels me, I choose these activities from Pinterest.*

*All times mentioned in this post are estimates.  I'm okay with that.*

No comments:

Post a Comment