Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Winoa and Womato

Quinoa stuffed tomatoes sound terribly impressive, but are ridiculously easy plus delicious.  I preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  I slice a thin piece from the top of each tomato.  I scoop out the guts and sprinkle the teeniest bit of salt in each.  I turn them over on a tea towel and leave them to drain for about ten minutes before I fill them with leftover taco filling (quinoa with sautéed bell peppers and onions, salsa, cumin, oregano and red pepper flakes) top them with cheese and bake them for fifteen minutes.  Then I eat them.  Well, I let them cool, then I eat them. 



*This post is part of series.  I'm thinking about how I do meat and giving it less space on my plate.  On Wednesdays this space is reserved for wegetables.*

No comments:

Post a Comment