Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Wold Wanish Woup...Wazpacho

This gazpacho comes from my Aunt Julie.  She used to make a large batch of it every week through the summer.  I can see why.  It's refreshing, delicious, and easy.  And it's my new summer tradition...or it will be when I've continued to make it all summer every summer.
 
 
If you would like to do the same, put the following ingredients in your blender.
 
four large very ripe tomatoes
a medium onion
a cucumber
a medium pepper
a cup of tomato purée
a tablespoon of olive oil
half a tablespoon salt
a tablespoon lemon juice
a tablespoon wine vinegar
a dash of tabasco
two cloves of garlic
 
Blend.


 
*This post is part of series.  I'm thinking about how I do meat and giving it less space on my plate.  On Wednesdays this space is reserved for wegetables.*

*Aunt Julie got the recipe from Margo Oliver's Canadian Cookbook*


No comments:

Post a Comment