Thursday, August 14, 2014

It's Only Two Thousand Kilometres


There's a part of me that yearns for the ocean.  I live in Northern Ontario.  And I love the bush and the lakes and the tall straight trees.  There's something magical in seeing signs that say, "Do not feed the bears."  It's a little Brother's Grimm.  Perhaps the next sign will say, "...or the dragons."  There's beauty here.  There just aren't dunes and salt air, and sand pipers, and water that chills your bones and reaches beyond the horizon and never stops rolling. 

If we all got in the van tomorrow, we could be there by Sunday evening.  We could have a reunion, the Atlantic and I. 



*Post edit--picture of sign added later upon request.  It  makes me smile every time I pass it*

2 comments:

  1. 'Do not feed the bears' signs? Surreal! You have got to share a picture. Please :)

    ReplyDelete