Thursday, September 25, 2014

Morning, Noon, and Night

This morning, I woke late.  The house was already in motion.  As I came downstairs, I saw little five-year-old Hannah sitting on a low stool holding Daniel on her lap and talking to him quietly about the day ahead , a calm centre.

As Jared and I were doing odds and ends around the house this afternoon, Jonah often found us to tell us about hatching fish.  He was given a package of eggs over the summer and he's been so excited.  Finally, he popped in to say, "I have something for you.  It's a triops."  He held out a little paper fish he'd drawn for us as a gift.

It was already evening when I turned to Mary, "If you hustle, you could do your math right now."  She responded quickly, "Good idea!"  Soon, Daniel was ready for sleep.  As I carried him upstairs, we heard voices from my room.  When Daniel saw Mary and Beth in my bed, he cheered.  They greeted him happily as he climbed under the covers with them.  Mary put her arm around him and continued her assignment, his curly head on her shoulder.

1 comment: