Friday, February 20, 2015

Cold Tea

I've been setting aside space in the morning to be free from urgency.  I wake up at five.  I turn on a lamp.  I steep some herbal tea.  I curl up under a pretty blanket.  And I think about stuff.  Maybe I'll blog with that time, maybe I won't.  Today, as I boiled the water for my tea, I looked around the kitchen.  Yesterday was a long (and beautiful) day of rushing around until we all crashed into bed.  That kind of day in a (or maybe just my) family of seven always creates a mess in the kitchen.  So, I thought about what my family really needed, and I filled the sink with hot soapy water.  Several hours later, I leaned against my sparkling countertop, chugged my now cold herbal tea and got on with the day.  Sometimes I need to be pensive. Sometimes I need to be practical.

No comments:

Post a Comment