Friday, May 2, 2014

Smile Over Easy

Two weeks ago, we dyed about seventy-two eggs, and planted ten others.  I am not a gardener.  I do not have a green thumb.  I've killed houseplants, all of them.  So when we pushed hard, dry peas into soil filled egg shells, I realise, I was not expecting much.  The likeliest scenario involved surreptitiously slipping the carton into the trash and pretending the whole thing never happened, "Egg shell planters?  What egg shell planters?"  However, within days, there were delicate green sprouts reaching for the sun.  I couldn't keep from smiling.  I will not say, "The curse is broken!"  But only because it's a little melodramatic.  I will say, "This was a sweet activity that made my heart happy."


*This post is part of a series.  I've set aside Thursday afternoons to do fun activities with my children.  In an effort to work out why it both draws and repels me, I choose these activities from Pinterest.*


No comments:

Post a Comment