Thursday, May 1, 2014

Gently

I'm pretty sure I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed.  My temptation, is to crawl back under the covers, maybe with a slice of warm fresh bread and butter...and a chocolate bar.  I'm equally tempted to scold myself for leaning that way.  Maybe, just framing either impulse as a temptation is a harshness I don't deserve and instead I'll let myself know that while it makes sense that I greet uncomfortable feelings with sugar and disdain, there are other options available, if I want them.  Maybe I'll go for a walk.  Y'know what is particularly satisfying after a walk?  Bread.  It also complements a warm bath, a new iTunes album, fresh flowers, herbal tea, a phone call to a friend, writing in my journal, reading the newspaper, doing a logic problem, knitting, a good book, a bad book, listening to the birds, finally watching that movie, snuggling sicklings, a TED talk, building something, sketching, piano practice, peanut butter, stories, family history, and instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment